RULES FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS:
- DO NOT share or forward your meeting invite–– these invites are for you ONLY.
- DO NOT bring any family members or friends with you to the meeting.
- DO NOT push to get contact info (ex: phone number, email) or any other personal details from the other participant.
- Please keep all conversation friendly, casual, comfortable, and safe.
- Please arrive on time to your scheduled meeting. Punctuality is highly important.
- Misrepresentation before, during, or after the meeting is discouraged and prohibited.
- If for any reason you cannot participate, you must notify us at minimum TWO (2) DAYS before your scheduled meeting. Not showing up to the meeting without cancellation is disrespectful of everyone’s time.
Any participant who does not respect and follow our guidelines will not be allowed to register or participate in any future Hindu Shakti events. We take the time, privacy, and safety of our participants very seriously and want to ensure that these meetings are enjoyable and meaningful for all.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
BEFORE the Virtual Meeting
- The virtual mixer will be hosted every Sunday from 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM CST.
- Every participant who has registered will receive an individual email with the meeting invite with date/time/meeting ID. This email invite will be for the ONE-ON-ONE meeting.
- In the email invite, you will receive the following details:
- Date and time for the virtual meeting (Note: all times are Central Time)
- Zoom Meeting ID and Password for the meeting
- First name of the participant you will be meeting
- Brief bio of the participant you will be meeting
- The virtual meeting(s) will be set based on age groups.
- The age-based pairing will have a +/- 3 year age band. Ex: A 30 year old could be matched with anyone between the ages of 27 to 33.
- You must enable the camera on your device (Phone/Computer) and make sure you fully understand how to join a Zoom meeting as a participant.
- Test your Phone/Computer to ensure that it is functioning properly before the meeting.
DURING the Virtual Meeting
- Please join the scheduled meeting ON TIME. A typical meeting will continue for approximately 15 minutes.
- These meetings are one-on-one only, however, a Hindu Shakti volunteer may join the meeting briefly to ensure that the meeting is active.
- Respect and privacy is very important during the meeting. Keep your meeting casual and friendly.
- If we receive mutual interest from both participants after your virtual meeting, we will be happy to share the contact information after getting email confirmations from both sides. You can always exchange more information as you see fit.
- At the end of the meeting, be sure to CLOSE the meeting, as it will not not close by itself.
AFTER the Virtual Meeting
- You will be sent a form/survey some time after your meeting. It is absolutely essential that you fill out this form, as it will help us gauge if both parties enjoyed the meeting. It will also allow us to improve our services for future meetings as well.
- If you have any concerns or comments about the meeting, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.